Over the next few pages, we outline our promise to you.
This explains what you can expect when you deal with us, from our great service to our focus on all aspects of customer care.
We also outline our charges, so you know exactly what you are paying for.
Once you have read this section, please sign where indicated to confirm you are happy with what we are offering, and that you would like to use Barrie Bookkeeping & Payroll Solutions Ltd's services.
PAYROLL AND PENSIONS ADMINISTRATION SERVICES AGREEMENT
- BARRIE BOOKKEEPING & PAYROLL SOLUTIONS LTD ( Registered Number SC411894) of SUITE 1, AIRLIE HOUSE, GLENROTHES, KY6 2AG ('we' or 'us'), and ('you')
We provide payroll and pension management services. You wish us to calculate amounts due and pay salary to persons employed by you. We will provide those services on the terms set out in this agreement.
In this agreement 'Carer' means a person employed by you and for whom we provide payroll and pensions management services to you.
We shall calculate the wages due and any tax or other payments in respect of Carers notified to us by you.
We will make those calculations using information that you provide to us.
We shall only take instructions to calculate or make payments from persons that you have authorised to do so. You must give us that authorisation in writing.
We shall agree with you how often you want us to pay your Carer and the information that you will need to send us to allow us to calculate the payments.
We shall provide the following services:
For each payment period we shall calculate the payment due to each Carer after making the necessary deductions and provide you with a printed payslip for each Carer with a copy for your records;
If you ask us to, we will return to you the timesheets that you give us after we have filled in the payment details on those timesheets;
Every time we make a payroll calculation for you we will send you a report which will set out clearly the money that will:
- collect from your bank account; or
- instruct to be paid to us from your prepaid debit card account; or
- request you to make a payment to us using such prepaid debit card, (at our option and absolute discretion)
Where we request you pay us by prepaid debit card under (c) above we will tell you the date and time by which you must make a payment to us. In the event you do not make such payment by the requested date, we reserve the right to instruct such sums to be paid to us directly from your prepaid debit card account.
Where you instruct us to we will register as your agent and we will register for online filing with the Revenue and Customs service. We shall also instruct Revenue and Customs to contact us electronically;
We will store securely all your payroll records for at least 4 years;
At each year end we will produce P60 forms for each Carer;
We will make payments directly to each Carer's bank account if you have given us the money to make those payments by the time that they are due to be made;
We will make payments on your behalf electronically to the Revenue and Customs if you have given us the money to make those payments by the time that they are due to be made;
If you believe there has been an error in any payments made or taken under this section, please contact us directly on our freephone number. We will investigate this promptly and will ensure that where any error has been made, we will refund any additional sums taken within 10 business days.
PLEASE NOTE CAREFULLY THAT:
We will not be responsible for losses or expenses caused by any miscalculations that we make due to you or a Carer giving us incorrect or incomplete information;
Where we suffer any loss or damage as a result of any act or omission by you or any of your officers, employees, agents or sub-contractors, you will indemnify us for such loss or damage, including (but not limited to) situations where monies have been paid to a Carer by direct debit, and you invoke a direct debit guarantee in respect of such monies.
Where you owe us any monies pursuant to this agreement, we shall, be entitled to set off any such debt against any monies owed to you.
We will do whatever we reasonably can to make the calculations at the right time, but we will not be responsible for any losses or expenses caused by us receiving information from you too late to allow us to make calculations in time for a Carer's contractual pay date.
Where you have a pre-paid debit card for use in making payments to us and the money that we ask you to provide to us is not paid by the date and time that we have given you for payment, it may result in your Carers not being paid or not being paid on time.
You confirm that we are appointed as your agent and authorised to perform all necessary administrative tasks for the purpose of processing your payroll, providing you with a pension management service and for dealing with all relevant third parties on your behalf including (by way of example and not by way of limitation):
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) (where we will register for online filing and instruct HMRC to contact us electronically.
National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) for all purposes relating to the provision of a pension for the Carer including (by way of example and not by way of limitation) agreeing to NEST's Employer Admission Agreement electronically and agreeing to NEST's terms and conditions on your behalf.
The Pensions Regulator for all purposes relating to Pension Scheme registration, compliance declarations and statutory record keeping.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DATA PROTECTION
We shall keep your information secret. By entering into this agreement, you are providing express consent to us sharing your personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) for the following purposes:
- with the local authority, its agents or to other people that provide funding to you to pay for your care
- with credit reference agencies for conducting security and identity checks
- with HMRC for tax purposes
- with other parties where we are required to do so by law; and to the extent, and in such a manner that is necessary for the purposes of providing the services to you under this agreement.
- You will keep our information secret unless that information is public knowledge, is lawfully communicated by you to a third party, or you are required by law to give it to someone else.
EMPLOYMENT OF CARERS
You agree that we are not and will not become the employer of any Carer as a result of entering into this agreement. You will compensate us fully for any loss or damage that we may suffer as a result of anyone claiming that we are the employer of a Carer.
You agree that you will remain the employer each Carer and are responsible for all the obligations of an employer towards each Carer.
By entering into this agreement, you confirm that you have obtained informed consent from all Carers for their personal data to be released in accordance with the terms of this agreement and that said Carers have signed the consent statement set out in the Carer information form.
ENDING THIS AGREEMENT
This agreement will start on the date that this application form is submitted.
Either you or us can end this agreement by giving one month's notice in writing to the other. This agreement cannot be ended in any other way unless you and we both agree.
Ending this agreement will not affect any rights that we or you already have on the date that it ends, including the right to be compensated for losses that either you or we have suffered.
OUR PENSION ADMINISTRATION CHARGES
Our set up costs vary dependent upon which pension scheme provider you have chosen to use. They are:
PENSION COMMUNICATION CHARGES
- NEST - £100.00
- The People's Pension - £100 + £600 = £700.00
- This is a one off charge made at the time we set up your scheme for you. These charges include all the initial set up, administration and compliance for your workplace pension scheme.
We try to keep our charges as low as possible so all our pension communications to your PA's are sent by email, free of charge.
If we need to send letters to your PA's there will be an additional charge of £0.83 per letter.
We shall collect our charges from you either:
- By direct debit from your account at the same time as we collect the payments that are due to your PA's
- By other automated form of collection (where possible)
- Where we collect our charges by standing order, you must ensure that there is enough money in your account to pay for our charges on the day that we make the direct debit.
- Where it is not possible to collect our charges by direct debit or other automated form of collection, we will inform you of the date and time by which you must make payment to us and you must make the payment to us by that date and time.
- In addition Value Added Tax (VAT) is payable on those charges at the standard rate.
- If we want to increase our charges, we will tell you at least 2 months before the increase is to take effect so that you have time to end this agreement if you so wish.
We shall not be required to carry out any of the services or any of our other duties under this agreement if we are unable to do so as a result of anything that is beyond our reasonable control. Things beyond our reasonable control will include:
- Changes to laws or other government policies
- Extreme bad weather or other acts of god
- Strikes or other industrial disputes
- Riots or other civil commotion
- Breakdowns in bank systems
This agreement is personal to you and may not pass on your rights and obligations under it to any other person unless we agree in writing.
If any part of this agreement is declared to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable that part shall be deemed to be removed from this agreement. This agreement shall continue between us, but without the removed part.
You agree that this agreement sets out all the terms of the agreement between us. Any previous agreements between us relating to the services shall have no effect and you shall not be able to rely on their terms.
It does not matter whether those previous agreements were made only by word of mouth or were in writing.
This agreement is made under English and Scottish law. Any claims under this agreement may only be made in the English and Scottish courts.